A Special Birthday Poem - for a special friend

On this card
there's nothing much for me to write
just simple words which I tried
to express when my tongue is tied
to you, my friend by my side...

What is a world this wide
without enemies to fight
and friends for you to hold tight
and when your life is in a plight
when reality starts to bite
there's nothing you can hide
when emotions collide
when friends are out of sight
when everything is just not right
to who should you confide
when you cry alone at night
maybe to who you don't think
you might...

There will be a day
when someone tries to interfere
making friendship a failure
with words you don't want to hear
making everything seems unclear
when good moments turn sour
when tears take over laughter
and friends you think you know better
become writings on paper
fade away, when sprinkled with water
gone, when burnt with fire...

But remember...
someone is out there
giving you love and care
with time to spare
when others just stare
friends just glare
and you are left in despair
but you are unaware
of the good times you share
so you just don't care...

This is not a birthday sermon
nor to change you in person
but take it as a token
of a friendship in return
for a friend can be lost
without a reason
and some words are better
left unspoken...

One day I'll lose my part
as someone near and close
to your heart
still I promise you
without a but
that I'll treasure every moment
without a doubt
from happiness to sadness
no matter what
from the day this friendship starts
till the last beat of my heart...

So on this special day
give me a chance to say
that I'll treasure you in everyway
come what may
till the moment I lay
And to God I pray
to give you happiness day by day
smiles, that never fade away
and love, that will come and stay...

Happy Birthday...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thats beautiful xxx

kjherstin said...

What a lovely poem. I wish I had the inspiration to write something as beautiful.
I love your blog.

Anonymous said...

hey this soo lovely i luved too much i copy this and put for b'day letter for a friend:)